Home Brief- Image 5&6

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 16.11.26

humber

For my last 2 images I took a photo of the most iconic reminder of home, The Humber bridge. I took a vast amount of shots, exploring different angles and framing. Out of them all these are the 2 which stuck out the most for me and I couldn’t decide so I am using both as my last 2 images for the Home Brief . Even though they are of the same object, they both reflect the bridge in a different way. The one on the bottom is very scenic and is a typical landscape shot, resembling more Peter Watsons style. Whereas the one on the top, is quite abstract and reflects a parallel structure. It suggests a sense of direction but also relates to where both my homes are. At one side is Hull were I was born and raised with all my family. Then the other side is where I live now and class as my new home, Lincoln. From taking the image at the side of where my home is resembles where I am most at home and where I am closer too.

Although the second image I find a little dull and not as engaging. I think it could be the framing of the bridge within the image and the dreary colours and mood of the picture.  It doesn’t really reflect the mesmerize factor and is isn’t very interesting to look at. This is what I would need to improve on I think. Capturing something much more than just a bridge.

The first image I think is my most powerful and gripping photograph I have taken. The flow of the clouds surrounding the edges of the bridge and I really like the purifying blue piercing through. Its a very complex and enduring image which Im quite proud of.